Human Resources GeneralistRoutt County
Human Resources Generalist
Summary of Position:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of administrative, technical and analytical duties in support of County human resources programs and daily operations; emphasis in the areas of recruitment and selection, employee onboarding and exits, job classification and compensation, affirmative action, County policies and training and development.
- Perform recruitment and selection functions countywide including working collaboratively with the HR coordinator and hiring managers to determine best recruitment strategies to source and recruit top talent for the county. Build applicant sources through job fairs, job advertisements, and social media outlets. Assist with the generation of hiring recommendations.
- Collaborate with department leaders to develop, prepare, and deliver onboarding/orientation programs and other trainings and/or meetings to introduce and familiarize employees with the County and Human Resources policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Research salary, benefits data as necessary, respond to salary, and benefit survey requests from other agencies.
- Support HR automation development projects and process improvement efforts to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of department activities.
- Follow policies and procedures, ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations concerning employment including ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA, HIPAA and others.
- Respond to a variety of questions from employees and the public regarding County policies, HR programs, job application procedures, benefits, compensation and background verification processes.
- Properly enter and maintain employee information in the HRIS and various databases (Munis, excel, word); conduct data queries and produces system reports for internal and external use as assigned.
- Collect and compile data for EEO reports and Affirmative Action plan.
- May serve as a backup in benefits administration, payroll as well as other HR programs and processes as assigned.
High school diploma or GED plus specialized training in human resources in one or more of the following: employment law, benefits, recruitment and selection, employee relations, HRIS and training and development. Five years of related human resources experience. A combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job may be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, finance, or business. At least three years’ experience working with HRIS systems. Professional in Human Resources (PHR), SHRM-CP or other professional HR Certification; experience in the public sector.
- Standard office administration practices and procedures including recordkeeping and filing.
- County and human resources best practices, rules, policies, procedures and benefit programs.
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances relevant to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Operations and requirements of HRIS systems and reporting.
- Methods for ensuring accurate data entry.
- Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and other types of technology and programs, including HRIS an enterprise resource planning applications.
- The development and management of spreadsheets and databases.
- Organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgement within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Explain various human resources department procedures to others clearly and accurately.
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Keep up to date on County’s human resources and benefit program, policies and procedures.
- Handle sensitive employee situations with compassion, tact and confidentiality.
Deadline: February 10, 2020
Routt County is an EOE