Donor Database AdministratorRoundup River Ranch
Roundup River Ranch offers free camp experiences for kids with serious illnesses. Donor Database Administrator - Full-time Experience with fundraising/donor database management, reporting & Microsoft Office products are essential. Raiser's Edge experience preferred. Strong organizational & communication skills. Team player. Passionate about our Mission. Ski pass & competitive benefits!
Position Summary: The primary role of the Database Administrator is to maintain and oversee Roundup River Ranch’s (RRR) donor database, provide administrative
support of the Director of Development and Marketing, support donor prospect research, and work in partnership with our Finance team to reconcile financial transactions. The Database Administrator will work closely with the Director of Development to identify and prioritize administrative needs of the Development & Marketing team.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate understands the importance of and upholds the confidentiality of information relating to donors, prospect research, and any other proprietary information; has experience in database management and some accounting experience; and has a willingness to learn and work within a dynamic, fast-paced team environment. To succeed in this position, a sense of flexibility and agility in order to support a nine-person Development Team and assist on projects that vary in size and scope is essential. College degree or equivalent work experience required. An inviting personality and strong communication skills to interact with a variety of constituents, internally and externally, is necessary. Some evening and weekend work is required, primarily to support fundraising and cultivation events. This position must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products; experience with fundraising / donor database management is essential (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred); and ability to work comfortably in a virtual environment.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Quickbooks, and database management, specifically the Raiser’s Edge database system or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Some evening and weekend work required, includes fundraising and cultivation events
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge database, and ensure the accuracy, consistency, and integrity of all information stored.
- Oversee and support the Database Coordinator in gift entry and acknowledgements in a timely manner and during high volume times.
- Generate financial reports, mailing lists, and donor lists for the Development and Marketing team.
- Develop all list reports, run exports and create template queries for the team as necessary.
- Accurately prepare and scrub all lists requested by the Development and Marketing team for purposes of marketing, fundraising, and recruitment to ensure accuracy, reduce duplication and ensure and minimal editing of the lists and reports.
- Manage and import Global Google Drive Action adds in the database in partnership with the Database Coordinator on a monthly basis.
- Develop data management practices to assist the team in achieving fundraising and marketing goals.
- Perform regular data cleanup as necessary, through system audits and long-term cleanup projects.
- Lead the development team in implementing the Raiser’s Edge Prospect Module and utilizing a Moves Management process.
- Create and track appeals in Raiser’s Edge and Online Express.
- In tandem with the Database Coordinator, prepare for and participate in year-end audit including but not limited to: internal auditing of gift documentation, tax receipts, and acknowledgment letters, perform fiscal year reconciliation with accounting department, and pull records and provide documentation as requested by accounting department/auditors.
- Manage all technology associated with The Raiser’s Edge and take the lead on leveraging technology for increased revenue.
- Oversee the implementation of RE policies and procedures.
- Act as a primary liaison with database systems including Blackbaud, Greater Giving, Classy, etc.
- Provide professional development opportunities to team members to ensure The Raiser’s Edge is used and leveraged appropriately.
- Provide pre-event support including but not limited to generating and updating guest lists, contact information, RSVPs, and other preparatory needs to ensure the
success of the event.
- Provide day-of event support including event registration set-up, check-in, check-out, and other on-site event support as needed.
- Work with the Database Coordinator and Event Coordinator to develop follow up processes post event including but not limited to: processing all credit cards
and gifts made through events, generating invoices as needed, updating Raiser’s Edge records based on new donor information.
Administrative & Fundraising Support:
- Provide administrative support of the Director of Development and Marketing in scheduling meetings, preparing notes and committee reports, preparing agendas,
scheduling travel, completing expense reports, and other administrative support as requested.
- Enter actions in Raiser’s Edge for the Director of Development and the CEO on information related to donors and donor communications on a weekly basis.
- Assist Development Team with the execution of annual stewardship mailings, appeals and associated tasks involving promotions or solicitations.
- Provide event support for fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events including event registration systems, on-site event support, and gift collection follow up as needed.
- Develop and produce key reporting for SeriousFun, board meetings and committees and , including note taking during meetings as requested.
- Support conducting prospect research of new potential and existing donors.
- Support team administrative tasks including but not limited to sending direct mailings, coordinating in-office volunteers, coordinating supply and Newman’s Own orders, and implementing IT updates as directed by the Director of Development and Marketing.
- Participate in Development Team meetings and staff meetings.
- Maintain the Development Team calendar.
- Attend fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events as determined by the Director of Development and Marketing.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and Marketing.
- Oversee and supervise the part-time Database Coordinator through regular communication and support of their goals and core job functions.
- Work with the Database Coordinator to set annual goals and develop work plans that align with the overall team and organizational goals.
- Participation in hiring, on-boarding, and ongoing evaluation of staff performance.
- Share regular progress and updates with the DODM on direct reports’ progress and work plans.
This is a full-time year-round position with competitive benefits.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.