Nursing DirectorRoundup River Ranch
Title: Nursing Director
Reports to: Medical Director
Roundup River Ranch offers free, medically supported camp experiences for children with serious illnesses and their families. At our beautiful Colorado ranch, we offer our campers and their families the chance to enjoy the most extraordinarily ordinary joys of childhood. With full medical, physical and emotional support from healthcare professionals, trained staff and dedicated volunteers, campers and their families have the peace of mind to simply live in the moment and have fun. We aren't just a great place to have fun we're an awesome place to get important work accomplished and have a rewarding career. Roundup River Ranch employs a diverse, talented, and enthusiastic team of individuals in a dynamic work environment. We are all passionate about our mission and collaborative in our approach to making it come alive. Nestled in a canyon along the Colorado River, Roundup River Ranch sits on 125 acres at an elevation of 6,300 feet located in the Vail Valley of Eagle County - the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
The primary role of the Nursing Director is to ensure the safety, health, and wellbeing of campers and their families, staff and volunteers at Roundup River Ranch when camp is in session and during on-site programming. This is a full-time opportunity for a uniquely qualified and experienced pediatric nurse. This position requires a highly motivated team player who finds working with children with serious medical conditions to be rewarding. Because of the complex and highly detailed application process to bring campers and volunteer nurses to camp, there is a strong administrative component to the position.
This is a full-time year-round position with significant time demands during the camp season. The Nursing Director is expected to be residential at the camp in Gypsum, CO when camp is in session. The year-round office is also located at the campsite in Gypsum, CO and the Nursing Director is not required to be residential when camp is not in session. Roundup River Ranch believes in wellness and work-life balance. The Nursing Director will be scheduled for one or more nights off during camp sessions and time off in between camp sessions. During this scheduled time-off, this position is encouraged to leave the site and enjoy time off, however, please note that when campers are on site, this position may be called back in the rare event of an emergent need.
Roundup River Ranch camp and medical staff will be expected to:
- Be able to identify emergency situations, either by seeing them happen, hearing cries for help or hearing the emergency alert siren and bell
- Have the strength, endurance, and physical skills to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations, according to written emergency procedures and plans
- Be able to demonstrate or participate in camp activities as they medically supervise campers: this will require the ability to walk, sit, climb, kneel, crouch, stoop, and stand
- Be able to move items or people
- This will require the strength and mobility to push, pull, lift, and carry
- Reasonable accommodations on the above expectations may be met
- The intention is to ensure camp staff is able to physically care for campers and ensure appropriate emergency response at all times
Qualifications: BSN required (MSN or NP preferred) State of CO Registered Nursing license (or in the process of applying) Certification in PALS, CPR Minimum of 3 years clinical nursing experience.
- Clinical proficiency with medical procedures, equipment, protocols used at camp (IV access, central venous and port access, G-tubes, oxygen concentrators, CPAP/BiPAP equipment, and pumps)
- Proficient functional computer skills using the word, excel outlook, etc.
- Leadership/supervisory experience
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities
- Weekend, evening, and on-call night work required
- Residential is required during all summer camp and family camp sessions
- Malpractice insurance is required
Benefits: Roundup River Ranch is currently offering a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive pay with paid time off paid public holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Roundup River Ranch currently offers 100% subsidized employee health, dental and vision insurance for employees and partially subsidized family coverage
- Our current plan includes the option of a Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account A 403b retirement plan with an employer match
- A wellness reimbursement which covers the cost of a ski pass or other membership passes
- Fully subsidized life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage
- Lunch service is offered to all-year-round employees while camp is in session from May to October
- Most dietary restrictions are able to be supported
- Paid volunteer time at camp and many more!