Family Advocate I - Full Time, Family Advocate II - Part TimeRon Wood Family Resource Center
Family Advocate I Full Time (40 hours per week) Family Advocate II Part Time (21 hours+ per week) Ron Wood Family Resource Center is seeking 2 Professionals. 1 Part Time with a Bachelor's Degree in Social Services or related field plus 1 year experience 1 Full Time - High school diploma plus 1 year experience. Position is engaging families and youth by providing resources, education and support. Background Checks Required. Vehicle, insurance and NV Driver's License Required. Attractive Benefits 20.00 25.00 per hour Part time 15.00 20.00 per hour full time.
Specific Responsibilities And Duties:
A. The greatest number of eligible children participates in the Head Start program as current funded slots allow.
1. Identify and recruit Head Start-eligible families and children, including children with disabilities and underserved populations.
2. Select participants for the Head Start program based on the established plans and procedures.
3. Maintain funded enrollment level in accordance with enrollment requirements.
4. Provide appropriate follow-up when absences are frequent.
B. A trusting, collaborative, partnership building process is implemented with each family.
1. Respect the diverse values and cultures of the families served.
2. Recognize and identify each family’s risk and protective factors.
3. Establish professional roles and boundaries in working with families.
4. Recognize and promote family’s readiness and willingness to participate in the program.
C. The lives of parents/guardians are enhanced through active participation in the program with staff support.
1. Orient families to the program according to the established orientation plan.
2. Make home visits and contact the family as needed or required by agency plans and procedures.
3. Use the family partnership pre-assessment throughout the year as a guide to help families reassess their needs.
4. Provide support to families of children with disabilities.
5. Facilitate parent/guardian involvement in the program.
D. Community resources are maximized through collaborations.
1. Facilitate the delivery of services to children and families through collaboration with community partners.
2. Actively participate in community resource planning and related work to establish and foster strong partnerships.
E. Documentation and recordkeeping are completed timely and accurately and maintained as required by all applicable regulations.
F. Teamwork among staff promotes positive growth and development of families.
1. Actively participate in and contributes to child staffing on a regular basis.
2. Exhibit flexibility in day-to-day operations and in providing needed services to families.
3. Actively participate in two-way communication among co-workers to ensure all staff is informed of pertinent information as it pertains to the center and classroom activities.
4. Participates in activities designed to ensure program quality.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.