MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II
HCA04: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon) -SFS 11120 S Norwalk Blvd, Santa Fe Springs, CA, 90670 USA
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Responsible for performing diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment, and performing preventive maintenance inspections on all production machinery, production systems and plant support equipment.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance on equipment and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustment.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule and overtime as requested per business and operational needs.
- Manage unexpected machine repair requests.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and focus on safety.
- Knowledge of lock-out/tag-out procedures.
- Comply with all Carbon Products EH&S policies and procedures.
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of all safety policies and standards related to position.
- Work in a safe manner and recognize unsafe situations.
- Ability to work independently
- Use appropriate equipment and tools to perform job functions safely.
- Handling of hazardous waste.
- Handling of 90-day storage area.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb.
- Must be able to wear dust mask and fume respirator
- Must possess physical and mental dexterity
- Must be able to work around a dust and chemical environment.
- Will come in contact with chemicals used for manufacturing a product or used as a cleaning agent.
- Must be able to work above or below ground level.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Background in mechanical and electrical maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- 4-6 years’ relevant experience required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.