HCA22: Aerostructures -Riverside 8200 Arlington Ave, Riverside, CA, 92503 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Collins Aerospace is currently hiring manufacturing Assemblers to work at our Riverside, CA facility. The Assembler is responsible for working on the shop floor fabricating / processing composite lay-ups, mating & bonding of complex honeycomb composite structures and assembly of adhesive bonded and/or composite sub-assemblies and assemblies. He/she will work in a manufacturing environment which will require the ability to set-up and operate various types of manufacturing equipment, fixtures, and hand tools to assist in the assembly of aircraft components. Some of the processes include the application of spray adhesives during the bonding process and will require the individual to wear the appropriate (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment such as respirators, gloves, hearing and protective eyewear. The position will require the ability to read and follow detailed written manufacturing instructions and use hand tool to assemble hardware with various clamps, clips and brackets. The selected candidates will enhance and support teamwork, and support an environment where all team members are able to participate in CI (Continuous Improvement) and utilize the tools on a daily basis.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 months manufacturing or warehouse experience which includes the use of automated manufacturing equipment and/or hand tools
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English language and be at least 18 years of age or older.
- All applicants must be a US Citizen or a current Green Card holder.
Education / Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Training will be done on first shift between the hours of 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Mon – Fri. Once training is completed individuals will be moved to 2nd shift (3:00 pm - 11:30 pm) to support production.
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop, stand, kneel and lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively throughout the day and be able to wear the necessary Person Protective Equipment to work with chemicals.
- Must have the flexibility of working varying shifts including but not limited to nights (1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts), weekends, overtime, and possible rotating shifts.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.