Full Time/Year-Round $19-23/hour with benefits.
Strong organization and communication skills needed. This position will coordinate office and facilities management and more.
Summary: The Facilities Manager oversees and manages all RMYC facilities, grounds, materials and office supplies. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
a. Manage all capital improvement needs, budgets, and other related building needs
b. Manage all minor and major repairs and upkeep, including but not limited to doors, locks, lights, lightbulbs, electrical, internet and phone ports, flooring, HVAC, window maintenance (changing out storm windows and screens, repairing, cleaning, replacing, etc).
c. Manage all aspects of the buildings’ security systems.
a. Oversee and manage all aspects of facility management including maintenance, upkeep, purchasing, and related expense and tracking paperwork
b. Manage facility accounts, invoicing and budget (Schrader Propane, Plowing, Shoveling, Twin Enviro Trash Services, etc.)
c. Oversee trash and recycling schedules and operations
a. Oversee and organize lawn maintenance and cleanliness of RMYC HQ
b. Oversee and manage watering, planting and upkeep of planters and other areas of the property
c. Oversee snow removal in winter months
d. Coordinate volunteer days as needed
e. Manage all grounds improvements including but not limited to landscaping, fences, parking lots, wetlands, detention ponds, etc.
4. Warehouse organization
a. Ensure all equipment is in good working order
b. Responsible for managing Check-In/Out system for all gear, tools, supplies, & materials
c. Responsible for overall organization of warehouses
5. Vehicles and Trailers
a. Assists with overall coordination and maintenance of all RMYC-owned and leased vehicles
b. Collaborate to assign vehicles and trailers to all programs
c. Assist with crew member vehicle driving training and safety education
d. Serve as the lead for troubleshooting mechanical issues and changing vehicle and trailer needs
e. Managing the driver list for insurance
6. Office Management
a. Maintaining inventory, maintenance, and resupply of computers, IT equipment, telecommunications systems, and copy and fax machines
b. Maintain inventory and resupply of office supplies as needed, including but not limited to cleaning, bathrooms, kitchen (coffee, creamer, dishes, community needs), offices, desks, chairs, dry erase boards and supplies, filing needs, envelopes, stamps, etc.
c. Point of contact for all office equipment maintenance
d. Oversee scheduling and management of RMYC meeting spaces by outside groups
e. Point of contact for all computer and phone systems
f. Manage inventory, maintenance, replacement, upkeep, servicing, etc of all technology
7. Program Supplies and Equipment
a. Coordinate with Program Director to budget, inventory, resupply, and maintain all program gear, tools, first aid, camping, uniforms, SWAG, and other relevant supplies
b. Coordinate crew and other program rig-ups and de-rigs
c. Manage miscellaneous business accounts (Ace, Precision Saw and others as requested)
8. Special Events
a. Coordinate logistics (including food, materials, supplies) and outreach for training, special events, programming and rendezvous and other events as requested
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Skills and Abilities:
● Exceptional organizational skills, ability to work independently, self-motivated and confident
● Extremely proficient with WORD, Excel, Publisher, Databases, Google, and other computer skills
● Ability to organize, coordinate and manage other employees
● Good knowledge of conservation and youth corps, science camp, and internship programming needs
● Experience with fleet management
● Experience with facilities, buildings, and property management
● Ability to clearly and effectively communicate written and orally
● Ability to work and think autonomously including exceptional decision-making skills
● Flexibility in work hours required. During summer and fall programming (May-October) work may be required on weekends and after normal business hours as needed. Vacation opportunities limited during this time.
● Sound judgment and ability to implement RMYC policies and procedures
● Clean driving record (Driver’s License background check required)
● Clean criminal background check (Federal and State background check required)
● Ability to meet physical and work environment demands of the position
● Must be at least 21 years old (RMYC driving insurance policy)