Full-time Librarian or Library AssociateRocky Mount, NC Area Jobs
Braswell Memorial Public Library has an opening for a Full-time Librarian or Library Associate.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Department Manager, the incumbent in this position will provide customer service including reference and computer help in the Information Services Department. He or she will plan, develop, and implement a wide selection of programs and activities to encourage the use of the library and its collections by adults and seniors. Evening and weekend work is required.
- Plan, develop, and implement programming for adults and seniors
- Conduct outreach, including attending community events or visiting community organizations
- Secure program presenters, create marketing materials, maintain accurate statistics, and evaluate programming success
- Plan, develop, and promote Summer Reading Programming activities for adults and senior citizens
- Provide reference and readers’ advisory assistance to patrons in person, by telephone, through email, and online
- Provide computer and printing assistance to patrons in the Information Services department
- Assist patrons with technology questions for library and patron owned devices
As published in the Rocky Mount Telegram