Full-Time and Part-Time
Mountain Home, Arkansas
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist with preparing food in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and will be directed by the Dietary Director, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
Works to assist the Cooks in meal preparation.
Must possess, as a minimum, a GED or high school education. This may be waved.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with person nel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Device)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 20 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
We offer medical, dental and vision insurance, paid leave, 401k, etc.
Our administrative and directorial staff have almost a century of combined experience bringing extensive knowledge and a wide range of skills.
The Expectation, Not the Exception
Superior Personal Care
Clean and Well Maintained Property
Delicious and Nutritious Meals
Caring and Enriching Atmosphere
To provide a caring and enriching atmosphere that meets & exceeds the expectations of our residents while extending compassion, sincerity, and respect.
Send your resume through this job posting