Patient Accounts Analyst IRichmond Ambulance Authority
Patient Accounts Analyst I
We are currently seeking a Patient Accounts Analyst who will be responsible for data entry of patient information, pre-billing and coding of tickets, and customer service of Tself-pay accounts!
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Pre-bill accounts daily per the current production number.
- Utilize all resources to properly research and follow-up on transports.
- Research, follow-up and review should be conducted and documented thoroughly and appropriately in a timely manner.
- Verify and key patient demographic and insurance information prior to coding and billing.
- Work denials relating to patient demographics and insurance via workflow filters daily.
- Work all assigned returned mail daily.
- Communicate with patients via phone, email, or correspondence to obtain information needed for billing.
- Communicate with facilities and insurance providers to obtain proper billing information.
- Analyze, document, and produce accurate information for billing with little oversite.
- Responsible for keeping current on Medicare, Medicaid, and other payor’s regulation and guidelines to assure correct insurance assignment of accounts.
· Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
· Follow all guidelines and policies for RAA employees, both general policies and those specific to Patient Account Analyst activities.
· Adheres to the guidelines set forth in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI). All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Patient Accounts Supervisor.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.raaems.org by April 15, 2019. o apply, please visit our website to submit an application. Applications must be received no later than 5:00 pm on November 14, 2018.