Deputy Sheriff Position
Rhode Island Division of Sheriffs
Deputy Sheriff Position
Full-time – Starting at $46,146
Click the “LEARN MORE” button below for the details on how to apply online
The Rhode Island Department of Public Safety, Division of Sheriffs, is now recruiting qualified, motivated and diverse individuals who are seeking full-time employment as a Deputy Sheriff.
DEPUTY SHERIFF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Judicial and Courtroom Security
- Prisoner Transportation & Management
- Cell Block Security
- Special Operations
- Service of Writs and Court Documents
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- US Citizen
- Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or have obtained a general equivalency diploma (GED) issued by a state Department of Education and must satisfy one of the following additional requirements:
Option 1: EDUCATION: Such as may have been gained through graduation with an Associate Degree (or 60 college credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice from a college of recognized standing.
Option 2: MILITARY EXPERIENCE: Such as may have been gained through two (2) years of active military service or four (4) years of Military Reserve, National Guard or Coast Guard duty.
Option 3: CORRECTIONAL EXPERIENCE: Such as may have been gained through three (3) years of full-time employment as a correctional officer.
Option 4: ACADEMY TRAINING EXPERIENCE: Such as may have been gained through successful completion of the Rhode Island Municipal Police Academy, State Police Academy, Providence Police Academy, or comparable certified program offered by any state or municipal police departments.
Option 5: PROTECTIVE SERVICE EXPERIENCE: Such as may have been gained through two (2) or more years of full-time employment in a position requiring the maintenance of law and order and the protection of life and property, includes the responsibility for the arrest and detention of persons in violation of law.
- Team player
- Physically fit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- $46,146 starting annual salary
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Highly desirable schedule Monday-Friday 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applications are being accepted through November 7, 2021.
The State of Rhode Island, Department of Public Safety, is an equal opportunity and diversity employer.