Safety and Training ManagerRfta
RFTA is hiring a Safety and Training Manager, to develop and implement safety and security related programs and practices. Supervises training and development programs for all employees. Requires bachelor degree and experience in safety and training, preferred work in public transit. Salary range $66,726 to $103,418, based on knowledge, skills and experience. Position includes full benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, ski pass, bus pass, and retirement plan.
Overview Of Job Duties:
Responsible for the coordination of government-mandated safety and security standards and practices with all RFTA departments. Works with Department Directors, Managers, and Supervisors to develop and implement safety and security related programs and practices. Supervises training and development programs for all employees.
1. Assesses, revises, and develops RFTA policies and procedures that affect the safety of employees, property, equipment, passengers and, as applicable, members of the general public.
2. Chairs the Executive Safety and Accident Review Committee and supervises administration of discipline for accident and safety related violations.
3. Develops and maintains administrative guidelines in conjunction with the RFTA Accident Review & Safety Committee for use in conducting safety assessments and audits.
4. Supervises the development and implementation of RFTA training programs, including safety-related training for all employees as well as other training and development programs.
5. Administers and assigns trainings for RFTA’s Learning Management System.
6. Assists Risk Management team in all aspects of safety and security to prevent and investigate accidents, including workplace accidents and workers compensation claims.
7. Manages all aspects of RFTA’s Drug and Alcohol testing policies and procedures (e.g., pre-employment, random, and probable cause drug testing), including adhering to all government reporting requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Safety Management, or a closely related field is required, or a combination of education and training that allows incumbent to successfully perform job duties. Master’s Degree preferred.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in industrial and/or public transit safety, five (5) years’ experience in training programs assessment, development, design and implementation.
Expert knowledge of Federal and State Regulatory Guidelines and/or public transit safety.
Expert knowledge of and ability to assess, develop, and implement training and educational programs.
Solid knowledge of Risk Management principles and practices
Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and personal skills to effectively train employees; and
Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
EEA/AAP/Drug Free Employer.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.