RFTA is looking for an administrative assistant to perform a variety of administrative, HR, and Customer Service tasks to support the Operations Department. Organizational and communication skills a must! Position includes competitive pay and RFTA's full benefits package (health, life, dental, vision, retirement, and ski pass). Position based in Aspen.
1. Performs administrative/clerical duties for the purpose of assisting the Operations Department, including the Director, Managers and Supervisors, in the performance of their work and the efficient operation of the Operations Department.
2. Provides administrative support in general office duties and responsibilities, including database entry and records.
3. Assists payroll entries for staff. Researches and calculates complex timekeeping records using a transit ERP system.
4. Maintains and manages the retention of Operations employee records and personnel files, including the process for all bus operator employee performance, absence and general personnel information in a transit ERP system.
5. Assists Operations Hiring Manager with recruitment and selection process during hiring, including scheduling interviews, processing documentation, review and process of paperwork, and assistance with pre-employment process and checklists.
6. Serves as primary back up to Operations’ Customer Service Business Specialist, by assisting with sales, employee ID cards, and customer service, including customer complaints, questions, lost and found, and other customer service duties.
7. Tracks required documentation for the Operations department, including Licenses and DOT cards.
8. Maintains office organization, printers, and stocks needed supplies.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent training that will allow incumbent to successfully complete job duties.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Spanish desired, but not required).
• Two (2) years of experience in a similar administrative role is preferred.
• Expert ability in the proficient use of Microsoft Office, spreadsheet software, as well as proficiency in email and internet use. Must have ability to become proficient in various programs, including, Assure ID, Trapeze, ID Emerge.
• Excellent ability to manage public customer service information for a variety of departments.
• Excellent ability to manage time and workload effectively to meet deadlines.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to respond positively and proactively to complaints and concerns, oftentimes in stressful and high-pressure situations.