Seasonal Trail Crew Member
RFMBA seeks qualified candidates to join our Seasonal Trail Crew. Must have mountain bike + local riding experience and willingness to become a trail maintenance professional and advocate for public lands. Training provided. Full time, $15-18+/hour Higher pay commensurate with experience. Mileage reimbursed for personal vehicle use. Roaring Fork Valley area residents only. Email questions and resume to email@example.com
• Maintain and improve existing public trails open to mountain biking. Report accomplishments and identify future maintenance needs on a daily basis. Serve as an ambassador for public lands and RFMBA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Promote public trails and RFMBA’s mission as a friendly ambassador.
• Responsible for the assigned maintenance of specific trail corridors, treads, drainage structures, turn structures, and other trail features.
• Clearly communicate with RFMBA supervisors regarding scheduled and assigned work.
• Learn and utilize online system for daily descriptive reporting of accomplished work and trail issues identified for potential future work.
• Work with RFMBA staff and volunteers on trail maintenance, trail system improvement, or trail construction projects when assigned and scheduled to do so.
• Responsible for all tools provided for the use within the Seasonal Trail Crew Program.
• Additional duties as assigned by RFMBA supervisors.
Education, Experience & Skills
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Passion for mountain biking and trail culture (strong understanding of trail experiences desired by all types of mountain bikers on various trail types).
• Trail maintenance or trail construction experience with traditional hand tools (volunteer or professional).
• Experience using a chainsaw or brush cutter (safety training to be provided).
• Ability to handle high stress situations.
• Ability to work both independently and in small groups, while remaining motivated without on-site supervision.
• High intermediate to expert mountain biking skills with the physical dexterity to carry heavy loads while moving downhill.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
License and Certifications
• Must have a valid, current, and unrestricted Driver’s license.
• Must maintain standard auto insurance coverage.
• Candidates must be willing and able to work in all conditions relative to outdoor weather up to 8 hours per day.
• Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds.
• Must be able to lift reasonable weight and will be expected to lop/shovel/chainsaw/etc. for considerable amounts of each work day.