Risk Management AssociateRetirement Housing Foundation
"The mission of RHF (Retirement Housing Foundation), a national non-profit organization, is to provide various housing options and services for older adults, low income families and persons with disabilities, in an environment which enhances their quality of life – physically, mentally, and spiritually. RHF is committed to serving its residents and their local communities.” Please visit our website at www.rhf.org for additional company information. RHF is an equal opportunity employer.
The following position is currently open to qualified applicants.
Risk Management Associate - Corporate Office - Long Beach, CA
We currently have an open position for a Risk Management Associate at our Retirement Housing Foundation - Corporate Office located in Long Beach, CA.
There is an immediate opening for a Risk Management Associate position at the Corporate Office located in Long Beach, CA.
- Assist Director of Risk Management in the corporation's insurance activities;
- Responsible for the company's workers' compensation and claims management program, including:
- Maintain a company-wide incident reporting system and insurance certificate tracking program;
- Reviewing and evaluating employee accident reports, working closely with the insurance company;
- Training facilities in the proper procedures and forms to be utilized in workers' compensation matters and a company-wide incident reporting system;
- Taking steps to ascertain that risks are minimized through follow-up and actions on all regulatory/insurance survey reports;
- Overseeing incidents/accidents/events that could lead to financial loss, including property, professional liability, and general liability and workers' compensation claim;
- Prepares various reports and documentation for carriers and RHF. ;
- Acts as a liaison with insurance brokers, insurance carriers and company personnel regarding all insurance activities;
- Assuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations;
- Formulating policies and/or organizational changes with the Director of Risk Management guidance. Serves on the Quality Assurance and Risk Management Committee;
- Serves on Safety Committee;
- Travel to various locations.
A.A. degree or 3 years' experience in insurance claims, underwriting, administration, or in a related field.
Ability to develop, recommends, implement, and evaluate loss control programs.
Knowledge of OSHA and other regulations and potential risks involved.
Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and other personnel.
Excellent communication skills
After a job offer is made, your employment will start after successful completion of a drug test, references, criminal check, and other background screens as deemed necessary. Please note, the drug test must be completed within three (3) business days of this job offer. If the above pre-employment requirements are not successfully met, the job offer will be withdrawn.