Director, Healthcare Billing & Accounts ReceivableRetirement Housing Foundation
We currently have an open position for a Director, Healthcare Billing & Accounts Receivable at our Retirement Housing Foundation - Corporate Office located in Long Beach, CA.
- There is an immediate opening for a Director, Healthcare Billing & Accounts Receivable at our Corporate Office in Long Beach, CA. If you or someone you know is interested, please forward a resume to Frank Rossello – CFO VP of Finance or fax to 562/430-8723.
The Director, Healthcare Billing & Accounts Receivable is responsible for establishing company-wide standardized policies, processes and procedures related to the billing and collection of skilled nursing, assisted living, independent living and other related healthcare and market-rate property revenues with an emphasis on skilled nursing (includes Medicare, Medicaid/Medi-Cal, Private Pay and all third-party payers. This includes administration, training and oversight of all electronic billing activities within the automated billing system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish policies, procedures and practices with all healthcare revenue cycle areas that facilitate timely, accurate and efficient billing and collections.
- Establish goals and track and work with Accounting to generate/obtain reports on key business metrics including cash collections, write-offs, reasons for SNF billing denials, Average collection days, patient refunds, security refunds, and periodic audit of patient trust funds and other metrics as necessary.
- Work closely with Operations and Financial Services on developing and monitoring rates and pricing strategies as well as forecasting revenues for all healthcare and market-rate properties.
- Assist Operations staff and the Budget department to create annual revenue budgets for each major line of business.
- Work with the IT department and Operations to maintain all business software applications related to billing system administration.
- Assist Operations with educating the field staff on implementing quality improvements which qualify for enhanced QASP fees in California.
- Decision-making role in the hiring of new Business Office Managers working remotely in our healthcare buildings.
- Provide advance training, refresher courses, and seminars as needed to business office staff
- Assists with the compilation of required federal and state Medicare, Medicaid and Home Office cost reports as necessary
- Conducts monthly conference calls with all buildings to provide guidance with billing and collection strategies
- Provide technical support for billing and collections questions
- Ensure that all SNF’s submit third-party claims (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Insurances) and mail private pay statements timely. Verification of governmental claims to be completed monthly via Direct Data Entry (Medicare) or Internet (Medicaid)
- Assist external and internal auditors as well as other internal corporate department personnel.
- Attend Reimbursement or Accounts Receivable symposiums, seminars, conference as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO & VP, Finance or Senior VP of Operations.
- Necessary Qualifications & Duties:
Excellent writing, organizational, telephone, interpersonal, and communication skills
Ability to supervise staff (including remote staff), work independently and to carry out assignments to completion with minimum instructions, adhere to prescribed routines and practices, maintain records, and to make reports requiring accuracy
Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The position requires at least 5 years of related experience. Strong knowledge of business English, spelling, and punctuation. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field required. Demonstrated ability to prioritize among the key business issues and develop appropriate action. Demonstrated ability to interact with senior-level executives on healthcare billing practices and process improvement. Leadership skills in an environment that includes influencing, efficiency, collaboration, candor, and openness with a focus on results. Familiarity with standard computerized healthcare business software in addition to Microsoft office products.
This is a Full-Time position.
All employment is contingent upon passing a drug test and background check.