Accountant/Bookkeeper: Reese Henry & Company, Inc. is a large local public accounting firm based in Aspen, Colorado. At Reese Henry you will enjoy challenging work, long-term career opportunities, flexible work schedules, generous compensation and a healthy life outside work. We are currently looking for experienced accountants, bookkeepers and controllers to join our team. The ideal candidates will possess the skill of a full charge bookkeeper/controller, handling all aspects of general ledger accounting and financial reporting. Candidates must be professional, detailed oriented, personable and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of QuickBooks, payroll and sales tax is a necessity.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.