Executive DirectorRed River Valley Sugarbeet Growers Association
The Red River Valley Sugarbeet Growers Association (RRVSGA) has an opening for the full-time position of Executive Director in our Fargo, North Dakota office. The position requires excellent communication skills, ability to build and maintain relationships, and an enthusiasm for the sugar industry.
Introduction: The RRVSGA represents the approximately 2,500 sugarbeet growers from both Minnesota and North Dakota who cooperatively own the American Crystal Sugar Company. The Association's main objective is to be the voice of the growers for maintaining and improving their profitability through legislative efforts and to provide education to people who are not familiar with the sugar industry.
Position Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Association. The Association is organized into five factory districts and Executive Director works closely with the factory districts and the Executive Committee of the factory districts. The Executive Director plays a lead role in legislative issues affecting the growers at both the national and state (MN and ND) levels and is also responsible for helping to promote and defend the sweetener industry. The Executive Director works closely with the American Sugarbeet Growers Association in Washington, D.C., the management team of the American Crystal Sugar Company, and also assists with the annual International Sugarbeet Institute, the largest exhibit of sugarbeet equipment and related products and services in the United States.
The Executive Director should exhibit exemplary characteristics in the following areas:
* Excellent communication skills, including proficiency with social media platforms.
* Strong leadership.
* Planning, organizational and follow-through skills.
Range of Duties:
* Manage the administrative aspects of the RRVSGA, including overseeing staff, budgets, and setting meeting agendas.
* Advocate and lobby on behalf of the RRVSGA at the national and state levels. * Maintain cooperative relationships with legislators, staff, agencies, and other agricultural groups.
* Maintain effective, consistent communication with RRVSGA members via publications, email, and personal contact.
* Plan and develop monthly board meetings and the annual membership meeting.
* Manage the Red River Valley Sugarbeet Education Foundation, including the annual Education Foundation tour.
* Organize the annual legislative leadership program.
* Work effectively with the staff of the American Sugarbeet Growers Association, which includes organizing the annual Washington, D.C. fly-ins.
* Work effectively with the management team of the American Crystal Sugar Company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Prior management experience
* College degree (or equivalent professional experience)
* Advanced communication and interpersonal skills,
* Proficiency with effectively using social media platforms
* Ability to implement and communicate policies and procedures
* Experience supervising personnel
* Ability to set priorities and deadlines and ensuring goals and objectives are achieved.
Salary and benefits dependent upon qualifications and experience.