SCADA Load Management Telecommunications Technician #20FB02282019RAPPAHANNOCK ELECRIC COOPERATIVE
SCADA Load Management Telecommunications Technician Fredericksburg, Virginia
Rappahannock Electric Cooperative (REC) is a progressive member owned utility with a service area that spreads from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. REC serves over 165,000 connections in portions of 22 Virginia counties. REC has a job opening for the position of Scada Load Management Telecommunications Technician in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Associates Degree in Electrical/Electronic Technology or Computer Science desired. Eight (8) years of progressive, responsible, post high school experience and/or participation in the State of Virginia Apprenticeship Program may substitute for degree. Eight years (8) experience working with SCADA and Load Management/AMR computers, personal computers, peripherals, programs, with emphasis on all related substation and down line field equipment. Eight years (8) experience in telecommunications systems (telephone, microwave, fiber, WAN, LAN and two-way radio field) required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of electronics and high voltage safety practices.
- Must have thorough operating knowledge of SCADA and Load Management/AMR Systems as installed (hardware and software).
- Must have thorough operating knowledge of all Cooperative telecommunications equipment as installed. Must have a working knowledge of electronics and electrical systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of gensets as they pertain to the Cooperative's uninterruptible program.
- Must have thorough knowledge of electronic operated power equipment, re closers, regulators, and transformers.
- Must possess basic computer skills, to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint as required by job responsibilities.
- Must have the ability to learn computer programming/database administration relative to SCADA and Load Management/AMR systems.
- Must have the ability to install, test, and troubleshoot Cooperative owned telecommunications equipment.
- Must be able to communicate with the public.
- Must develop and document procedures relative to SCADA, Load Management, AMR, and Telecommunications systems.
- Must have the ability to plan and organize work schedules and be able to perform under pressure to meet specified deadlines.
- Directs SCADA Load Management Telecommunications Technicians.
- Must develop and maintain relationships and communication with uninterruptible commercial accounts.
- Must have valid State of Virginia driver's license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Generally field environments with periodic work in the electronics shop or in the office. Must be willing to work in all weather conditions. Subject to on-call 24-hour, 7-day periods for load control, genset starts and stops, data circuit troubles, dispatcher assistance, and outages.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.