We are seeking a talented Infant/Toddler Teacher to join our team at the year-round Provincetown Early Learning Center.
All applicants must possess or be eligible for certification in Massachusetts as an Infant and Toddler Teacher.
Infant and toddler teachers aid in the cognitive and social development of preschoolers. Working with children through age 5, they must teach the most basic social skills focusing on play-centered learning and creativity rather than intense curricular standards.
While the activities vary, infant and toddler teachers focus primarily on teaching children to share, express themselves, communicate, and collaborate well with others, follow their curiosity, and further their language and vocabulary development.
Other day-to-day duties CAN/MAY include:
- Teaching basic skills such as color, shape, numbers, and letter recognition
- Planning and carrying out curriculum
- Helping children develop positive self-images and experience success
- Encouraging the exploration of interests and developmental social skills
- Developing schedules and routines ensuring physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Teaching children how to play fairly with others
- Disciplining bad behavior and rewarding good behavior
- Observing, assessing, and documenting each assigned child’s health, skills, behavior, growth, and development
- Identifying any physical or mental development concerns in assigned children
- Meeting with parents to discuss concerns
- Optimizing children’s developmental, intellectual, and social achievements in class activities
- Providing leadership and guidance to other staff and colleagues
- Creating and leading a supportive, nurturing learning environment that encourages responsibility and motivation