Speech Language Pathologist, SLP
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP – ProgressiveHealth of Indiana, LLC – Henderson, Sebree, and Morganfield, KY
- Hiring a full-time SLP for our Kentucky area!
We are looking for an energetic and results driven Speech Language Pathologist to provide therapeutic and holistic care for our patients in our long-term care division. While previous experience in geriatric care (SNF, LTC, swing-bed) is not required, we do require a compassionate therapist, who has a genuine desire to work with our elderly patients! Experienced SLP’s and new graduates are welcome to apply! This is a wonderful opportunity to expand knowledge and experience in a clinical setting.
- Monthly bonus potential!
Come be a part of a growing organization in a progressive, supportive, and innovative team!
What you get from us:
- Opportunity for important work/life balance
- Paid time off (PTO) & paid holidays
- A robust benefits package: medical (HSA/FSA availability), dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Health improvement plan opportunities to lower premium costs
- Company sponsored basic life/AD&D insurance and long-term disability insurance
- FREE use of the ProCare HealthSpot medical clinic for insured employees and dependents
- 401(k) & ROTH IRA savings plans + company match with auto enrollment after probationary period
- Continuing professional development with CEU stipends available
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
What will you be doing in this role?
- Plan, direct, or conduct rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication problems of organic and non-organic etiology.
- Provide counseling and guidance and language development therapy to disabled individuals.
- Review individual file to obtain background information prior to evaluation to determine appropriate tests and to ensure that adequate information is available.
- Administer, score, and interpret specialized hearing and speech tests.
- Develop and implement individualized plans for assigned clients to meet individual needs, interests, and abilities.
- Evaluate and monitor individuals.
- Review treatment plan, and assess individual performance to modify, change, or write new programs.
- Maintain records as required by law, establishment's policy, and administrative regulations.
- Attend meetings and conferences and participate in other activities to promote professional growth.
- Instruct individuals to monitor their own speech and provides ways to practice new skills.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- The required state licensure, certification, and registration that is in good standing with the state or the ability to obtain the required state licensure
- CPR/AED/BLS (basic life support) certification or the ability to obtain it prior to start of employment; maintain and provide proof of current certification(s)
- The ability to stand, walk, and sit throughout entire assigned shift
- A high degree of professionalism in both written and verbal communication
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment, without constant supervision
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with databases and with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Are you a SLP who is interested in learning more about positions not related to Long-Term Care or wanting to find a specific career path you are passionate about? Let’s chat! Send your resume to email@example.com.
ProgressiveHealth is the premier provider of a broad spectrum of occupational and non-occupational health services including on-site medical, injury prevention, health improvement, and rehabilitation management solutions and more! We are dedicated to delivering superior care and improving both patient and client outcomes. With nearly 1,000 employees supporting operations across the United States and in Canada, ProgressiveHealth has been growing our footprint since 1995. Our team is experienced and focused to get the job done right!
An Equal Opportunity Employer