Athletic Trainer - Union Hospital Therapy
Athletic Trainer, AT – Union Hospital Therapy, LLC – Terre Haute, IN
We are looking for an energetic and results-driven Athletic Trainer to join our team in a multi-sport setting. You evaluate physical condition, advise, and treat professional and amateur athletes and active individuals to maintain health and safety in sport. AT’s and new graduates are welcome to apply! This is a wonderful opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience. Come be a part of a growing organization in a progressive, supportive, and innovative team!
What will you be doing in this role?
- Provide athletic training services as defined by state law to assigned facilities, schools, or events.
- Participate in community activities as assigned.
- Evaluate and treat athletic related injuries as directed in the practice act of the state in which the job is located.
- Under the direction of the Medical Director, administers rehabilitation treatments as allowed by local and state law.
- Covers home and away athletic events at contracted schools as assigned.
- Renders first aid to injured athletes.
- Communicate with team physicians as required and facilitates referrals as needed.
- Support the musculoskeletal system through the application of braces, supports, wraps and tapes.
- Treat chronic minor injuries and related disabilities to maintain athletes' performance.
- May perform other duties and serve on committees as assigned.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral Degree in Athletic Training
- Have the required state licensure, certification, and registration that is in good standing with the state or the ability to obtain the required state licensure
- Provide a CPR/AED/BLS (basic life support) certification or have the ability to obtain it prior to start of employment; maintain and provide proof of current certification(s)
- Have some advanced education, training, or certification is a bonus (neuro care, sports medicine, etc.)
- Have the ability to stand, walk, and sit throughout the entire assigned shift
- Have a high degree of professionalism in both written and verbal communication
- Have strong computer skills, including proficiency with databases and with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment, without constant supervision
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
What you get from us:
- Opportunity for important work/life balance!
- Paid time off (PTO) & paid holidays
- A robust benefits package: medical (HSA/FSA availability), dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Health improvement plan opportunities to lower premium costs
- Company-sponsored basic life/AD&D insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) & ROTH IRA savings plans + company match with auto-enrollment after probationary period
- Continuing professional development with CEU stipends available
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Are you an AT who is interested in learning more about our industrial settings or wanting to find a specific career path you are passionate about? Let’s chat! Send your resume to email@example.com.
About ProgressiveHealth & Union Hospital Therapy, LLC:
ProgressiveHealth is the premier provider of a broad spectrum of occupational and non-occupational health services including on-site medical, injury prevention, health improvement, rehabilitation management solutions and more! We are dedicated to delivering superior care and improving both patient and client outcomes. With nearly 1,000 employees supporting operations across the United States and in Canada, ProgressiveHealth has been growing our footprint since 1995. Our team is experienced and focused to get the job done right!
Our Union Hospital Therapy team is dedicated to providing advanced rehabilitation services for all ages in settings conducive to healing. Occupational, physical, and speech therapy services are available in our comprehensive, state-of-the-art facilities. Our therapists work with patients and physicians to develop the very best plan for recovery. Union Hospital Therapy provides its clinicians with the optimal mix of clinical resources and clinical autonomy. We endorse a hands-on, one-on-one approach to therapy and have a history of providing measurable quality care to our patients.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, veteran, or disability status.