Assistant Garden ManagerPrivate luxury Community in Aspen
Private luxury community in Aspen seeking Assistant Garden Manager & Gardeners. For the AGM, garden or landscape experience required. Must be very detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects at once, have excellent customer service skills and be able to work outdoors for long periods. Must be available from 8 am to 5 pm from May 20-October 15 for FT commitment. Will be responsible for managing a large team. Must speak English. Starting at $23 per hour ++. Gardeners to start at $18 per hour.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Care of lawns,( watering, mowing , edging , fertilizing , aerating , application of organic pesticides, installing new lawns)
• Care of Huneeus family home and garden on property
• Care of landscaping trees and shrubs, (watering pruning, fertilizing, staking, suckering, planting, thinning, shaping, application of organic pesticides.)
• Maintain landscaping irrigation systems (repair, insulation, dig trenches, trouble shooting)
• Basic painting, plumbing minor carpentry and other basic repairs and maintenance as required
• Maintenance of tools and equipment.
• General clean-up of grounds (garbage, leaves, branches) cleans out drainage ditches and culverts, checks all areas for safety on a daily basis
• Use of a variety of hand and power tools and equipment.
• Ability to in partnership with team members
• Very resourceful
• Results oriented
• Accountability and trustworthy
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.