Assistant Garden Manager #ASP000099Private
Private luxury community in Aspen seeking Assistant Garden Manager to facilitate private garden design and planting. Garden or landscape experience required. Must be very detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects at once, have excellent customer service skills and able to work outdoors for long periods. Must be available 8 am to 5 pm from May 20-October 15 for Full Time commitment. Will be responsible for managing a large team. Must speak English. Starting at $23 per hour++.
Garden Manager is responsible for:
1. Creating a strategic plan and calendar for the garden for each season.
2. Creating and implementing a five year crop rotation plan.
3. Overseeing the planting, harvesting, processing and storage process for the garden produce.
4. Overseeing the purchase, care and proper use of all garden equipment.
5. Creating and implementing a plan to track garden activities and outcomes.
6. Creating and overseeing the garden budget, reporting all billing and expenses to Business Manager or their designee.
7. Creating and maintaining a system for analyzing the cost / benefit of having a garden.
8. Informing our constituency about the garden through photos, articles for the newsletter and blog posts.
9. Contributing to the long range planning for the garden and food production.
10. Following all plans for safety and risk management.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.