Studio Art Teacher
Studio Art Teacher: Princeton Day School, an independent PreK-12 school, seeks an experienced Studio Art Teacher / Gallery Director.
Princeton Day School is seeking a dynamic and experienced Upper School Studio Art Teacher/Gallery Director beginning Fall of 2021.
Working in an exciting and creative environment that enjoys a long-standing commitment to artistic excellence, the ideal candidate will possess the experience, passion and vision to enhance our program, expand on its current offerings, demonstrate a commitment to developing young creative voices and prepare them for continued study at the college level. A strong art making background is essential, along with a fluency and comfort in a wide range of media, along with an understanding of contemporary global art practice. The successful candidate will show experience, flexibility and creativity, while being able to work collaboratively and make cross-curricular connections with different disciplines, grade levels and divisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Teaching foundational to advanced levels of 2D/3D Fine Art, Digital Media and Design
● Demonstrate extensive knowledge of techniques and pedagogy in a studio setting
● Actively engage students in curriculum through varied and differentiated instruction
● Preparing student artwork for on-campus and regional gallery exhibitions
● Assisting students in creating portfolios for college and arts intensive program applications
● Maintaining professional contacts in the visual arts field and staying attuned to changing technologies and methodologies related to the field
For position details and application instructions, please visit https://www.pds.org