Film, Video & Media Arts Teacher
Media Arts Teacher: Princeton Day School, an independent PreK-12 school, seeks an experienced Film, Video & Media Arts Teacher.
Princeton Day School is seeking a dynamic and experienced Upper School Film, Video and Media Arts beginning Fall of 2021.
Working in an exciting and creative environment that enjoys a long-standing commitment to artistic excellence, the ideal candidate will possess the experience, passion, interest, ability and vision to enhance our program and expand on its current offerings. This person will also demonstrate a passion and commitment to developing young creative voices and preparing them for continued study at the college level. This position involves instruction of Upper School students in our well-equipped studios and spaces. Candidates will demonstrate a range and comfort in multiple genres, including narrative, documentary and experimental film. A strong filmmaking background is essential, as well as a solid grounding in film and media history. In addition, candidates should demonstrate fluency and comfort in a wide range of technology, equipment and media, including coding, animation and game design. The successful candidate will show flexibility and creativity, while being able to work collaboratively and make cross-curricular connections with different disciplines, grade levels and divisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Teaching foundational and advanced courses in film and media history and production
● Assisting students in festival entry and creating portfolios for college and arts intensive program applications
● Maintaining professional contacts in the film, video and media arts field while remaining attuned to changing technologies and methodologies
● Participating in departmental planning and curricular review
● Studio management, including budgeting, ordering and organization of studio
For position details and application instructions, please visit https://www.pds.org