Princeton Day School, an independent PreK-12 school, seeks an experienced varsity tennis coach.
Princeton Day School seeks a varsity boys’ tennis coach and head of program. Our next coach will build upon a tradition of excellence and lead the program forward in developing individual and team success. The successful applicant will have an expert knowledge of the sport of tennis, the ability to properly condition athletes in a healthy and safe way, and the ability to structure practices and games in a competitive and positive manner. The applicant will be expected to demonstrate excellent administrative and communication skills for interaction with players and families as well as the ability to create and maintain a sense of program from middle school to varsity teams. In addition, experience playing and coaching tennis at a high level, college and/or high school experience, is strongly preferred.
- Formulates objectives for the upcoming sport season.
- Actively recruits prospective student-athletes to Princeton Day School by attending tournaments, camps, Middle School games, and maintaining relationships with key club and Middle School area coaches.
- Coordinates with the College Counseling Office and works with college coaches to assist student-athletes interested in pursuing collegiate athletics.
- Keeps abreast of new ideas and techniques by attending clinics and workshops, researching in his/her field and encouraging the assistant coaches to do the same.
- Remains knowledgeable of rules and regulations concerning his/her sport, and keeps abreast of changes.
For position details and application instructions, please visit https://www.pds.org/about-princeton-day-school/careers.