Compliance AccountantPrairie Knights Casino & Resort
Prairie Knights Casino & Resort, North Dakota’s first class gaming and entertainment center has an immediate full-time opening for the following:
Must be 21 or older and qualify for a Tribal Gaming License
Compensation range from $42,307.20 to $68,993.60 DOE
SCOPE AND MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Responsible for the Finance Department’s roll in BSA/Anti Money Laundering Program, Assist the Compliance Officer with investigations, internal review of Minimum Internal Control Standards, assist with Asset Management, perform other audits and duties as assigned.
SYNOPSIS OF DUTIES:
- The Compliance Accountant is responsible for performing the daily audits of the BSA/Anti Money Laundering Program, perform periodic data analysis for structuring and suspicious activities, and assist the Compliance Officer with investigations, training and recordkeeping.
- The Compliance Accountant reviews all Minimum Internal Controls Standards (MICS/TICS) and applicable procedures and confirm they are being performed.
- The Compliance Accountant will assist the Senior Account with Asset Management including conducting a periodic inventory of all fixed assets.
- The Compliance Accountant will provide backup and support to the Senior Accountant.
- The Compliance Accountant will be responsible for evaluating and recommending changes to methods and procedures utilized by the staff including helping to develop and implement policies and procedures to comply with new or updated regulations, leading to improved timeliness, accuracy, efficiency and control structure.
- The Compliance Accountant will assist the departmental staff in documenting and flow-charting the systems, policies and procedures in use in order to maintain updated user procedure manuals.
- The position will be responsible for other financial responsibilities and projects as required by the CFO.
- Must be age 21 or older. Must qualify for a Tribal Key Gaming License.
- High school or GED required.
- Four year accounting, business or computer science degree required.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and oral/written communications skills required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the primary languages used in the workplace.
- Strong working knowledge of Title 31 anti-money laundering regulations with a minimum of one year experience in a regulated industry.
- Minimum of two years casino/corporate accounting experience with PC financial application software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Windows and EXCEL or other data analytic software.
- 10 key by touch and data entry skills.
- Speed and accuracy required.
- Visual acuity; finger dexterity; repetitive motions; position requires sitting long periods; reaching; bending and lifting 40 pounds.