T&D Area Line Operations Manager #R-19-0002Portland General Electric
Portland General Electric
T&D Area Line Operations Manager R-19-0002
Application deadline: April 15, 2019 (Internally)
Open until filled (Externally)
Become a part of the Portland General Electric Team! For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. We are a proud and resourceful team who take care of each other, our communities and our natural resources. Portland General Electric team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small.
Our team has a tremendous range of skill sets, and is dedicated to diversity, community, and our customers.
Working for PGE is fun, challenging and enriching, and with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you'll like working for PGE too.
We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us. Join us and power your potential.
T&D Area Line Operations Manager R-19-0002 In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing Line Operation supervisors and crews to ensure safety and efficient construction practices to ensure customer satisfaction
Become part of our journey by:
- Being a safety champion for our crews ensuring safe work practices are understood and followed, and safety issues with tools and equipment are promptly addressed.
- Leading regional efforts to improve quality of construction and work practices enhancing PGE's reliability
- Ensuring maximum productivity and efficiency within the region by managing budgets; monitoring and approving expenditures;
- Directing restoration activities during outages; determines major restoration methods and directs implementation
You can bring the following skills to our team:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in electric utility operations with a focus on Transmission and Distribution
- Typically five (5) years of supervisory experience is desired. A bachelor's degree in business, communication or engineering is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Distribution Line Operations including tools and equipment
- Thorough knowledge of service and installation policies and procedures
- Effective management, human relations and communication skills to include employee development and engagement, goal setting and follow-through, feedback, mentoring, coaching and negotiating
- Comprehensive knowledge of safe construction methods and national electrical safety code.
- Prefer knowledge of PGE construction methods,
- Comprehensive knowledge of planning, organizing, and Line Operations crew functions and duties.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, verbal and written communication
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Your Total Compensation Package Portland General Electric believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company and at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future. This package includes medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that include a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions, a stock purchase plan, plus more.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact: Kathrine Litchfield 503-464-7250 Staffing@pgn.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathrinelitchfield Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral), Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/portlandgeneralelectric)
This Is An Internal / External Job Posting Portland