Student Services ProfessionalPolaris Recruitment
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana: Express Enrollment Center
Student Services Professional
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
The Student Services Professional must be proficient with processes related to Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Orientation, Assessment, Business Support, and work effectively with Student Affairs Specialists to resolve escalated issues. Must have in depth knowledge regarding various areas of the college. Provides education to students about the functions listed above and effectively enrolls and transitions students into the Ivy Tech community. In addition, the Student Service Professional will facilitate student access to information and create a seamless transition into Ivy Tech Community College.
- Provide assistance to prospective and current students covering a wide range of detailed information.
- Utilize SIMS technology to ensure student receive consistent and accurate information
- Handle incoming calls for the Express Enrollment Center and Tier 2 calls from the Student Success Call Center
- Provide in depth information about admissions, registration, financial aid, orientation, assessment, and business support
- Answer questions and help students complete online processes as needed.
- Escalate complex issues and questions to Specialists
- Make appropriate referrals to campus other departments and campus resources including but not limited to career services, advising, tutoring and academic departments
- Conduct all activities within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Associate degree; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Prefer at least two years of direct experience in one or more of the following: registration, records, financial aid, admissions, or higher education.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities preferred.
- Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
- Must not be in default on an education loan or in overpayment of a federal grant or loan.
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.