Pokagon Band of Potawatomi
IT Department is looking for you! Now hiring an IT Technician to provide technical assistance to end users to resolve computer problems. Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems and other peripherals. Responding in-person, via telephone, or electronically to requests for technical assistance from users in a timely manner involving hardware, software, networking issues, and peripheral and telephone equipment. Includes assistance with printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Performs preventive maintenance to ensure proper functioning of telecommunications systems, computer systems and peripherals. Referring major hardware/software problems or defective products to supervisor for resolution with on-call rotation for IT Helpdesk. Providing technical assistance with video equipment, hardware and surveillance cameras and key access systems. All qualified applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED required with three (3) years of experience in data processing operations, network administration or related experience, preferably in a law enforcement environment or healthcare environment and/or equivalent secondary education as well as a minimum of one-year work experience in a multi-user/multi-department IT setting required.
• ITIL Certification or ability to obtain certification within a reasonable period of time preferred with previous experience with the EPIC EMR system.
• Previous experience and familiarity with MSP-Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN).
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a variety of hardware, software, and peripheral problems required.
• Knowledge of Windows 7 & 10 operating systems required.
• Experience with Unix, Linux, and other operating systems preferred.
• Assist in preventive maintenance projects and services.
• Maintain and manage IT assets with proper tracking and distribution.
• Strong sense of service and good communication skills, both oral and written required.
• Possess the knowledge, intellect, temperament, and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced, environment.
• Experience in the configuration, installation and troubleshooting of personal computers, software, network and mobile data implementation projects for law enforcement.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the minimum insurance requirements regarding driving record in order to utilize GSA vehicles.