Internal Audit ManagerPilgrim's Pride Corporation
Internal Audit Manager Greeley, CO
Establish audit objectives & audit programs; Identify process improvements; Plan, perform and supervise projects; Execute audit management approach, ensure work is on schedule & on budget; Determine risk tolerance & identify key risks; Lead audit team. Bachelor plus 5 year experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in development of the institution's annual audit plan.
- Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews workpapers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
- Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction.
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
- Performs audit work, including plan preparation, workpapers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
- Coordinates and interacts with Regents, administrators, faculty, and staff, and with external audit and law enforcement agencies, as needed; may be required to testify in court; may also be required to interact with university students and alumni, and with vendors doing business with the university.
- Consults with and advises university administrators, faculty, and staff on operational and administrative issues.
- Trains new staff, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of university policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws, as applicable.
- Coordinates and interacts with audit firms performing external audits of university financial statements.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Develops and provides training to university departments as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.