Accountant IIPark County
Experience in payroll, accounts. payable & general accounting.
Starting pay $17.55 - $18.80 per hour
Under general supervision of Budget/Finance Manager, this position provides more complex accounting support, with primary focus on payroll functions, assisting with CAFR and budget preparation, grant reports and receipting in addition to the accounts payable support and capital asset tracking. As an Accountant II level, this position also performs analyses for general ledger reconciliations and financial reporting. The Accountant II position may be required to participate in emergency planning drills and to respond as an ESF 14 during a declared emergency.
- Maintain payroll database: add new employees into database; process employee changes such as status, salary, job title, etc.; process employee insurance changes; maintain payroll vendor data for garnishments, retirement, insurance, etc.; update payroll data fields as necessary
- Prepare and process monthly payroll from vouchers submitted by County; reconcile payroll to the general ledger;
- Maintain payroll information binders;
- Process and distribute payroll reports, including corrections, to departments on a monthly basis
- Prepare and file tax deposits on a monthly basis, Form 941 and State Unemployment Insurance reports on a quarterly basis, Form W-2 on an annual basis, and EEOC reports as required
- Prepare and submit for publication the bi-annual report of employee salaries; review the newspaper to verify the published report and maintain a copy of the published report in the payroll binder;
- When required, prepare accounts payable including: verification of documents and accuracy of invoices or other related documents and records, disbursements, reconciliation of Accounts Payable to the General Ledger,
- Review the Accounts Payable Report for authorization by the Budget/Finance Manager, County Manager, and Board of County Commissioners; maintains a copy of such in the Cash Disbursements binder in the Finance Office; copies of the processed warrants included in such report will also be maintained in the Cash Disbursements binder;
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable);
- Work with banker to resolve purchase card issues, including obtaining new and termination of cards, adjusting credit limits and resolving “excluded” purchase issues; assist other personnel with recording information pertaining to credit card transactions;