Senior Analyst Application DevelopmentPackaging Corporation of America
Join our world-class paper mill in International Falls, MN.
We think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to support and maintain our server and network infrastructure for both the office and mill production environments. This position will routinely interface with computer users from all areas of the mill to build, optimize, and provide process troubleshooting assistance in applications and hardware.
- Mill Hardware/Software Support – responsible for managing, purchasing and deploying workstation, thin clients, server and network equipment, printers, cell phones, and software upgrades.
- Security Risk Management – responsible for network security, including antivirus deployments and monitoring, intrusion detection, and implementing best security practices
- User Interface Support – responsible for managing and resolving help desk tickets
- Database Administration and Maintenance Support – responsible for configuration and support tasks for mill databases. These activities include, but are not restricted to installation and maintenance of all mill database installations, and monitoring of database performance and structure.
- Optimization – process improvement activities can include completing submitted requests for projects and /or promoting original ideas to streamline and optimize existing tasks that ultimately benefit the mill.
- Planning –Work with computer users from all areas of the company to plan and execute mill application projects.
- Administrative – Complete project and activity status updates on a weekly basis. Ensure that mill IT infrastructure and application documentation remains current and is accurate.
- Training – Provide coaching to other IT team members, maintaining cross-functional capabilities. Provide training to IT co-ops and interns, when they are assigned.
- Computer Science degree, prefer 3-5 years’ experience with IT data systems, including strong knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Windows Operating Systems, Remote Desktop Services and Thin Clients, VMware, and Cisco Networking.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.