Clerk of the Board/Facilities Coordinator – Full Time
TranGO is looking for a full-time Clerk of the Board/Facilities Coordinator. This position is hourly non-exempt. Compensation is $26.00 - $28.12 per hour. Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement, sick leave, vacation. Responsible in part for clerical duties for the OCTA and OCOG Boards, replies to Public Records Requests, notary, compiles and edits various documents, advertising for meetings and public hearings, serves as back up on phones, receiving and distributing mail, organizes and maintains all OCTA and OCOG files and is responsible for records retention.
Summary: The Clerk of the Board performs a variety of clerical, administrative office support functions and customer service duties for the Okanogan County Transit Authority (OCTA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Serves as back up to answer incoming calls, responding to inquiries as independently as possible and transfers calls or takes messages when necessary;
• Serves as Clerk of the Board, which includes taking minutes at meetings, preparing agendas, printing, copying and preparing board packets and responding to requests from board members;
• Serves as back up to greet and assist individuals entering the building, providing information and handling issues using independent judgment;
• Responds to Public Records Requests according to policy
• Responds to public inquiries in a courteous manner, referring to appropriate resources as necessary;
• Serves as back up to receive and distribute incoming mail and other materials and processes outgoing mail and other materials;
• Compiles and edits a variety of correspondence, policies, articles, reports, memoranda and other materials, ensuring accuracy and completeness;
• Advertises public meetings and public hearings;
• May assist in accounts payable functions;
• May assist in accounts receivable functions;
• Organizes and maintains all OCTA central files according to appropriate records retention regulations;
• Ensures action items assigned during monthly OCTA Board Meetings are followed up and completed in a timely manner;
• Takes minutes and aids the General Manager in their position of OCOG Secretary and ensures action items assigned during monthly OCOG Council Meetings are followed up and completed in a timely manner.
• Coordinates maintenance and repairs for facilities, including assisting in collecting bids, searching for vendors and coordinating contracts.
• Maintains records on all agency owned cellphones, ensures cellphones are in proper working order, replacement, and programming.
• Works with the General Manager to organize Management Team Meetings
Education and/or Experience
College degree, or combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the scope of duties and responsibilities of this position.
1. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English (ability to also communicate in Spanish advantageous)
2. Knowledge of correct usage of the English language and ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation. (Spanish language skills also advantageous)
3. Experience in public transportation administrative practices.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and computerized software systems.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
6. Experience in accounts payable and/or accounts receivable
7. Understanding of BARS and GAAP accounting and budgeting standards
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Washington State Driver’s License and Auto Insurance
This position supervises reception and administrative support positions.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Capacity for planning and organizing, prioritizing and planning work activities and using time efficiently
• Use of appropriate interpersonal skills
• Effective communication effectively with peers, co-workers, and the public.
• Capability to handle confidential information and materials appropriately
• Ethical behavior, treating people with respect, inspiring the trust of others and working with integrity and principles
• Ability to follow policies and procedures, completing administrative tasks correctly and on time
• High level of professionalism, approaching others in a tactful manner, reacting well under pressure and always treating others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
• Production of high quality work, demonstrating accuracy, timeliness and thoroughness
• Observation of applicable safety and security procedures
• Adaptability, managing competing demands, adapting to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Dependability, follows instructions and responds to management direction in a timely manner
• Respectfulness and sensitivity for cultural differences
• Initiative, volunteering for tasks readily
• Involvement of appropriate people and resources in decision-making process
• Ability to deal with variables and problems that arise in the course of assigned tasks
• Resourcefulness in meeting challenges
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; talk, hear, taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Conditions of Employment:
The employee shall sign and date the job description to signify compliance with the conditions of employment, minimum qualifications, and an understanding of the job requirements. This organization reserves the right to review and change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Okanogan County Transit Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.