Northwest Colorado Health Steamboat Springs, CO Full-time Dentistry
Posted on July 14, 2020
- Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis, providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies, charting conditions of decay and disease, and performing procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient’s oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums, using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession and exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations, cleaning, and polishing removable appliances.
- Places, carves, and finishes amalgam restorations.
- Removes cement from crowns and bridges.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions and providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories and charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.