Paramedic Instructor/ Program Director #01123926-5202019Northland Community & Technical College
Notice Of Vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates.
Paramedic Instructor/ Program Director
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 4/29/2019
Closing Date: 5/20/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / East Grand Forks
Appointment Type: Full-time, Temporary (Unclassified)
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Rarely
Salary Range: Depends on qualifications
Job Class Option: 500055 (007845)
Classified Status: Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 210 - EGF MSCF
Work Area: Paramedic
Location: East Grand Forks
Job ID: 01123926-5202019
Northland Community & Technical College seeks a full-time, temporary Paramedic Instructor/Program Director dedicated to excellence in teaching, who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. This is a fully benefited position for one (1) year with the option to continue for up to five (5) years based on program enrollment. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Primary responsibilities will be on the East Grand Forks campus.
Faculty members at NCTC are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Example of Duties:
* Provide classroom, lab and clinical instruction.
* Deliver instruction using a variety of methods including on-site, online and/or hybrid-blended for a wide range of students, including traditional, developmental, adult, concurrent enrollment and English-language learners.
* Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
* Mentor and advise students.
* Maintain consistent communication with students through office hours, email, and telephone.
* Plan develop, and deliver curriculum.
* Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives.
* Support the mission, vision, and core values of Northland Community and Technical College.
* Engage in professional development activities.
* Promote diversity and cultural competency.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job):
Education Requirement: Associate's degree.
Occupational Experience Requirement: Three full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in pre-hospital, emergency, or critical care settings.
* One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) post-secondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
* Current Minnesota certification, registration, or licensure as a paramedic, physician, physician's assistant, or registered nurse and certified by American Heart Association as an instructor in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
* This position will serve as the Paramedic Program Director. In addition to the above listed minimum instructor qualifications, this is a nationally accredited program that requires a baccalaureate degree and field experience in the delivery of out-of-hospital emergency care.
* Master's degree in related field.
* Have a minimum of two years' experience teaching in an accredited paramedic program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
* Coursework in teaching pedagogies and preparation in principles and methods of evaluation.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population.
* Have appropriate medical or allied health education, training, and experience.
* Be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and evaluation of students.
* Have academic training and preparation related to emergency medical services at least equivalent to that of a paramedic.
* Be knowledgeable about the current versions of the National EMS Scope of Practice and National EMS Education Standards, and about evidenced-informed clinical practice.
Why Work For Us:
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a Great Benefits Package! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical ($32.48 per month single and $221.62 per month family) and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Application deadline: May 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.