Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director/ Instructor
NOTICE OF VACANCY: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Becky Lindseth, Interim Director of Human Resources, at (218) 683-8630.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director/ Instructor
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 6/8/2020
Closing Date: 6/28/2020
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / EGF
Division/Unit: EGF Faculty
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Rarely between campuses
Salary Range: $39,212 - $84,192 Annually
Job Class Option: 007845
Classified Status: Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 210-MSCF
FLSA Status:: Exempt
Work Area: Academics
Location: East Grand Forks
Connect 700 Program: Yes
Position Responsibilities: Northland Community and Technical College seeks a full-time unlimited Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director/ Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Primary responsibilities will be teaching on the East Grand Forks campus and online. Faculty members at Northland are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds amongst its administrators, faculty, and staff.
Examples of Duties:
* Provide classroom, lab and clinical/fieldwork instruction.
* Deliver instruction using a variety of methods including on-site, online, and/or hybrid-blended for a wide range of students, including traditional, developmental, adult, concurrent enrollment, and English-language learners.
* Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
* Mentor and advise students.
* Maintain consistent communication with students through office hours, email, and telephone.
* Plan, develop, and deliver curriculum.
* Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives.
* Support the mission, vision, and core values of Northland Community and Technical College.
* Engage in professional development activities.
* Promote diversity and cultural competency.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree, and a graduate of an accredited occupational therapy program or a graduate of an accredited occupational therapy assistant program.
* Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as an occupational therapist or an occupational therapy assistant.
* One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
* Minnesota Board of Occupational Therapy Assistant Practice licensure as an occupational therapist or an occupational therapy assistant.
* Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement:
o Course Construction (credit course) *
o Teaching/Instructional Methods (credit course) *
o Student Outcomes Assessment/Evaluation (credit course) *
o Philosophy of Community and Technical College Education (credit/non-credit course) **
o * These courses shall be a waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
o ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1
College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
* This position will serve as the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director. In addition to the above listed minimum instructor qualifications, this is a nationally accredited program that requires the following:
o The program director must have a minimum of 5 years of documented experience in the field of occupational therapy. This experience must include:
o A master's degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by a regional accrediting body recognized by the USDE.
o Clinical practice as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant.
o Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting.
o Scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of teaching and learning).
o Understanding of and experience with occupational therapy assistants.
o At least 2 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level.
* Coursework in teaching pedagogies and preparation in principles and methods of evaluation.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population.
* Have appropriate medical or allied health education, training, and experience, be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and evaluation of students.
Application deadline: June 28, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Why Work For Us:
Contact: If you have questions about the position, contact Becky Sarff, Human Resources Technician, at Becky.Sarff@northlandcollege.edu or (218) 793-2407.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply