Occupational Therapy Assistant InstructorNorthland Community & Technical College
Notice of Vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates.
MCSF Technical Faculty
Occupational Therapy Assistant Instructor
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 11/25/2019
Closing Date: 12/11/2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Start Date: 1/13/2020
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / East Grand Forks
Division/Unit: Occupational Therapy Assistant
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited (unclassified)
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: Depends on qualifications
Job Class Option: 500137
Classified Status: Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union 210-MSCF
Work Area: OTA
Location: East Grand Forks
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Responsibilities: Northland Community and Technical College is seeking an Occupational Therapy Assistant Instructor to teach in the Occupational Therapy Assistant program. We are seeking an instructor who is skilled in using active and experiential learning strategies; has enthusiasm for teaching and learning; has a strong commitment to creating a student-centered environment and the ability to differentiate instruction across multiples levels and learning styles.
Principle Responsibilities and Results:
* Provide classroom, lab and clinical/fieldwork instruction.
* Deliver instruction using a variety of methods including on-site, online and/or hybrid-blended for a wide range of students, including traditional, developmental, adult, concurrent enrollment and English-language learners
* Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
* Mentor and advise students.
* Maintain consistent communication with students through office hours, email, and telephone.
* Plan develop, and deliver curriculum.
* Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives
* Support the mission, vision, and core values of Northland Community and Technical College.
* Engage in professional development activities.
* Promote diversity and cultural competency.
* Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job):
* Bachelor's degree, and a graduate of an accredited occupational therapy program or a graduate of an accredited occupational therapy assistant program.
Occupational Experience Requirement
* Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as an occupational therapist or an occupational therapy assistant.
* One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
* Minnesota Board of Occupational Therapy Practice licensure as an occupational therapist or an occupational therapy assistant (Candidates without a current MN license must be eligible for MN License upon hire).
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
* Practice as an Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA).
* Master's degree in Occupational Therapy or related field.
* Have a minimum of two years' experience teaching in an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor
* Coursework in teaching pedagogies and preparation in principles and methods of evaluation.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population
* Have appropriate medical or allied health education, training, and experience, be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and evaluation of students.
Why Work For US:
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a great benefits package! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Contact: If you have questions about the position, contact Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 793-2407.
Application deadline: December 11, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.