Information Technology Specialist - Information Technology Specialist 2 #35276Northland Community & Technical College
Notice Of Vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Colleen Kukowski, Administration Services Coordinator (218) 793-2407.
Information Technology Specialist
Information Technology Specialist 2
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 08/30/2019
Closing Date: 09/16/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / TRF
Division/Unit: Information Systems TRF Airport Campus
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited (Classified)
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Rarely
Salary Range: $22.88 - $37.19/hourly $47,773 - $77,653/Annually
Job Class Option: 003584
Classified Status: Classified
FLSA Status: 214 - MAPE
Work Area: Information Systems TRF Airport Campus
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Job ID: 35276
This position primarily exists to provide technical assistance to National Center for Autonomous Technologies (NCAT) stakeholders to maximize information technology services in an educational environment and to operate in a help desk role. The primary goal is to ensure compatibility with all NCAT stakeholders ITS needs. This includes basic problem resolution, installation of new hardware and software, computer hardware troubleshooting and repair, basic networking, and answering support questions. The Information Technology Specialist will also implement and promote technologies throughout the National Center for Autonomous Technologies (NCAT) with the goal of improving the use of technology services. This position will also serve as the campus "point person" and will be responsible for researching, analyzing and training employees in the use of emerging technologies.
1. Provide hands-on technical support and day-to day help desk services to students and employees regarding the general operation of technology services Provide recruiting services college-wide.
2. Provide assistance and technical expertise in the successful operation of video and multi-media equipment.
3. Maintain and enhance technical knowledge and proficiency in technology services.
4. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job)
* At least two-years of IT experience.
* Broad range of software and hardware sufficient to serve as a consultant to support end-users.
* Troubleshooting techniques sufficient to diagnose and solve IT issues.
* Peripheral equipment such as scanners, converting and copying files, loading software and use of the Internet.
* Applying security practices and standards.
* Customer service and communication skills in order to convey information effectively.
* Problem-solving along with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations.
* Install new hardware and software and computer hardware troubleshooting.
* Make repairs, perform maintenance on hardware and troubleshoot software problems.
* Work independently, as well as in a team environment and share resources amongst fellow IT staff.
* Able to write documents and proposal that are clear and coherent and use proper grammar spelling and syntax.
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
* 2-year computer related degree or at least 1-year work experience in higher education.
* Willingness to learn and keep current in new technology.
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a Great Benefits Package! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Application deadline: Monday, September 16, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply