Information Technology Specialist 2 #36600Northland Community & Technical College
Notice of Vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Colleen Kukowski, Administration Services Coordinator (218) 793-2407.
Assistant Network Administrator -Thief River Falls campus
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 10/25/2019
Closing Date: 11/15/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / TRF
Division/Unit: Information Systems TRF Campus
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited (Classified)
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Rarely
Salary Range: $22.88 - $37.19/hourly $47,773 - $77,653/Annually
Job Class Option: 003584 / 1176 Network
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union 214 - MAPE
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Work Area: Information Systems TRF Campus
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Job ID: 36600
Position Responsibilities: Northland Community and Technical College is seeking an individual to fill an ITS2 vacancy on the Thief River Falls Campus. This position primarily exists to assist the College-wide Network Administrator with design, installation, troubleshooting and maintaining all facets of network services and infrastructure, under the supervision and direction of the Director of Technology. This includes hands-on technical support, second level problem resolution, installation of hardware and software, troubleshooting and repair, networking, answering support questions and general operation of technical services.
1. Assist with Network Administration and VOIP Support.
2. Provide lead work and second level technical support and day-to-day help desk services to students and employees regarding the general operation of technology services.
3. Maintain and enhance technical knowledge and proficiency in technology services.
4. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job)
* Two (2) year computer related degree/diploma required.
* Two (2) years of work experience in network administration in a Microsoft networking environment.
* Working knowledge of industry standard design principles for employing Microsoft networking systems.
* Experience with active directory network management techniques
* Experience with PC/Desktop Administration (image, design, creation, deployment, and support)
* Working knowledge in administration and support of MS Exchange environment.
* Working knowledge of Cisco networking and VOIP technology.
* Technical skills sufficient to maintain, troubleshoot, and develop enhancements to network hardware and software.
* Ability to look at a problem, identify the problem, and repair this problem with minimal downtime.
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
* Microsoft or networking certifications
* Cisco Certifications
* Demonstrated ability to understand, evaluate, assess, and implement complex network systems.
* Knowledge of College mission, goals, policies and procedures, particularly in terms of network and data services sufficient to provide reliable services.
* Knowledge of College business practices relating to network and e-mail systems sufficient to assess and determine department needs.
* Write sufficiently well to establish and maintain system design and configuration documentation.
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a great benefits package! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Application deadline: Friday, November 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.