Farm Business Management Instructor, Roseau
Notice of Vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Becky Sarff, Human Resources Technician, at (218) 793-2407.
Farm Business Management Instructor, Roseau
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 8/3/2020
Closing Date: 9/13/2020
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / TRF
Division/Unit: TRF Faculty
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $39,212 - $84,192 Annually
Job Class Option: 007845
Classified Status: Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 210-MSCF
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Area: Academics
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Position Responsibilities: Northland Community and Technical College seeks a full-time unlimited Farm Business Management Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. This position will start September 28, 2020 and serve farmers/students in the Kittson, Roseau and Lake of the Woods Counties. The position could be located in the Roseau or Greenbush, MN areas. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at Northland are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting
a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds amongst its administrators, faculty, and staff.
Examples of Duties:
* Deliver instruction using a variety of methods including on-site, online, and/or hybrid-blended for a wide range of students, including traditional, developmental, adult, concurrent enrollment, and English-language learners.
* Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
* Mentor and advise students.
* Course assignments include day hours.
* Bachelor's degree in agriculture, agriculture education, business, finance, economics or accounting
Occupational Experience Requirement
* Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in agricultural operation, agricultural finance, or agribusiness.
* One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
* Course Construction (credit course) *
* Teaching/Instructional Methods (credit course) *
* Student Outcomes Assessment/Evaluation (credit course) *
* Philosophy of Community and Technical College Education (credit/non-credit course) **
* These courses shall be a waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
* Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
* Master's degree in agriculture, agriculture education, business, finance, or economics
Application deadline: August 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Why Work For Us:
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a great benefits package! Our generous benefits include sick leave, personal leave, Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer-paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Contact: If you have questions about the position, contact Becky Sarff, Human Resources Technician, at Becky.Sarff@northlandcollege.edu or (218) 793-2407.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Women, minorities, and individuals with disability.