Director of Academic SuccessNorthland Community & Technical College
Notice Of Vacancy:
It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Kristi Lane, CHRO (218) 683-8631.
Full-time unlimited MnSCU Academic Supervisor 1 - Director of Academic Success Center. College-wide responsibility, position may have primary office location on either campus.
Northland Community & Technical College (NCTC) seeks a full-time, unlimited Director of Academic Success dedicated to excellence in providing support services to all NCTC students. The incumbent is responsible for providing academic support that fosters success for students in an individual or group setting. To carry out provisions made for special needs students in federal legislation such as ADA and Section 504 of the Rehab Act. To create an Academic Success Center that contributes to the academic excellence of the college and through its services aids in recruitment and retention efforts.
Examples of Duties:
* Develop, direct and supervise tutoring and related academic support services provided through the Academic Success Center.
* Provide organizational leadership for learning and disability services.
* Oversee and coordinate the pre-enrollment assessment done for all students college-wide.
* Provide Human Resources management for the college lab assistants, intermittent employees, and work-study students. Ensure compliance with the College's Affirmative Action Plan ensuring equitable treatment of all employees and applicants for employment.
* Provide outreach of the supplemental support services offered through the Academic Success Center.
* Minimum Qualifications: (expected to have to enter job):
* Education Requirement
o Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in teaching, developmental education, student support services or related field
o Effective human relations skills are an important part of being able to perform the duties of this position.
o A broad working knowledge of developmental education principles, group dynamics, tutorial methods and study skills techniques.
* Lead multi-campus Academic Success Center initiatives, analyzes current environment and activities, and develop recommendations to align with college goals and objectives.
* Work with minimal supervision and initiative to make decisions independently regarding workload, problems or situation.
* Analyze academic support services and implement changes or improvements as needed.
* Hold commitment to diversity and the ability of every person to be a successful learner.
* Manipulate various software programs
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job):
o Master's or beyond with an emphasis related to education, administration or related
o Experience in administration and/or supervision appropriate to the assignment
o Experience working with Special Education in K-12 or college level
o Experience working within a tutoring environment
o Experience with schedule-management
o Experience with budget management
o Experience working for a higher education institution
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document https://mn.gov/mmb-stat/000/az/labor-relations/mma/2017-2019/mma-contract-accessible.pdf
Why Work For Us:
Great Benefits Package! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
If you have questions about the position, contact Kristi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218.683.8631.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply