Contract and Purchasing Coordinator #34185Northland Community & Technical College
Notice Of Vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Kristi Lane, CHRO (218) 683-8631 or Colleen Kukowski, Administration Services Coordinator (218) 793-2407.
Contract and Purchasing Coordinator
Buyer 1, EGF MAPE
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 07/24/2019
Closing Date: 08/12/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges & Universities / Northland Community and Technical College - East Grand Forks
Division/Unit: MnSCU Northland CTC East Grand Fork - MAPE Business Office
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited (classified)
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $19.46 - $28.15/hourly $40,632 - $58,777/Annually
Job Class Option: 000140 (14G)
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
Work Area: Business Office
Location: East Grand Forks
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Job ID: 34185
Position Responsibilities: Northland Community and Technical College, East Grand Forks Campus is looking to fill a vacant position in the business office. This position is the Point of Contact for Marketplace purchasing and Contract Expert primarily for the EGF Campus (but available to assist employees campus wide). Responsibilities include determining when contracts are required, which contract should be used, gathering information and contract preparation, reviewing purchase requests and obtaining additional information, ensuring purchasing and contract procedures are followed.
Under limited supervision/procedural control, this position is responsible for the purchasing and contract activities of the College in compliance with State laws and Policy and Procedures adopted by Northland Community & Technical College and Minnesota State in a manner to maximize economical purchasing of equipment, supplies, materials and services used by departments and programs.
Responsibilities also include bank receipting, daily reconciliation and tuition waiver processing.
* Responsible for monitoring the contract process from start to finish to ensure timely and appropriate contracts are in place when needed. Coordinates with employees from Thief River Falls, East Grand Forks and Aviation Campus to collect a variety of data required to develop contracts.
* Plan, develop, and implement the most effective method of procurement to ensure suitability of supplies and equipment in relation to price, quality and specification to meet the needs of all College personnel according to College, Minnesota State policies and procedures.
* Bank receipting and daily reconciliation.
* Tuition waiver invoicing and payments
* Other duties as assigned to ensure a smooth and efficient functioning of the business office and bookstore.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job)
* Two-year degree (accounting, finance or business) or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
* Highly developed communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, college faculty and staff, Minnesota State System Office staff, MMB / SWIFT staff.
* Strong computer experience with programs such as Microsoft Office; specifically excel and word.
* Ability to maintain records and multi-task while supervising routine administrative and clerical work.
* Knowledge of business administration processes, such as: accounting, purchasing and basic math.
* Strong oral communication skills sufficient to explain procedures and instructions.
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
* Four-year accounting, finance or business degree.
* Knowledge of systems such as SWIFT and the Minnesota State purchasing and accounting system i.e. ISRS
* Knowledge of state statutes and Minnesota State policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of contract law and its general application
To aid in the application review process, the College requests that applicants upload a resume and cover letter when completing the application process. The Recruiting Solutions also collects your work preference information so we can match you with future openings that meet your interest. Once your resume and cover letter are submitted to the database, you can apply for this position online using the following the Job ID 34185.
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a Great Benefits Package!
Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical ($32.48 per month single and $221.62 per month family) and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Application deadline: Monday, August 12, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply