Assistant Director of NCAT - MnSCU Academic Professional 3Northland Community & Technical College
Notice Of Vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Colleen Kukowski, Administration Services Coordinator (218) 793-2407.
Assistant Director of NCAT
MnSCU Academic Professional 3
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 09/02/2019
Closing Date: 09/17/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / Aerospace
Division/Unit: Academic Affairs
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited (Unclassified)
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $22.92 - $33.62/hourly $47,857 - $70,199/Annually
Job Class Option: 007013 - 1123 Academic Program Development
Classified Status: Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union 214 - MAPE (non-exempt)
Work Area: Academic Affairs
This position exists to provide management of the various projects as listed below, within the National Center for Autonomous Technologies (NCAT) and directly supports the NCAT Director, with authority for NCAT leadership decisions as appropriate. The scope of work includes but is not limited to direct the NCAT Ambassador program, coordinate professional development opportunities, collaborate with partnering organizations across the country, monitors a multi-million dollar annual budget, strategize broad impact initiatives with external partners at executive levels, develop and manage contracts with partners to accomplish NCAT goals and objectives. Secondary functions include representing NCAT leadership and/or NCTC at STEM fairs, career fairs, exhibits and conferences and work with the NCAT Director and various NCAT stakeholders to develop new initiatives, service-learning opportunities, summer camps, workshops, and support the NCAT national education resource hub for autonomous technologies with a focus on outreach and expanded partnerships.
1. Collaborates with Principle Investigators /Co-Principle Investigators to coordinate activities.
2. Develops Relationships and Consults with Education Partners to assist with management of a nationwide process for attaining and maintaining education and industry program accreditation with NCAT partners.
3. Provide support to NCAT National Science Foundation program.
4. Oversee grant activities, outreach and reporting requirements of the NCAT grant.
5. Support the NCAT Director in ensuring training, safety requirements and advanced initiatives are met.
6. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job)
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited institution in education, autonomous technologies, or related degree and 1-2 years of work experience in education or the autonomous technologies industries; Or, an associate degree from a two-year accredited institution in education, autonomous technologies, or related degree and 2-3 years of work experience in education or the autonomous technologies industries.
* Knowledge of or experience with industry program accreditation and individual certification processes, procedures, standards, and policies.
* Knowledge of research and evaluation methodologies sufficient to determine program effectiveness.
* Ability to interact and relate well with all segments of the education community and external stakeholders and motivate cooperation among colleges, high schools, businesses, and the community.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing to diverse audiences and motivate others through written and oral presentations; excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to direct and coordinate multiple related assignments and tasks; record of completing assignments.
* Computer skills and a general working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite applications.
* Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule involving travel throughout the State of Minnesota.
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
* Master's degree from an accredited institution related to management, education, engineering, sciences, or autonomous technologies.
* 3 or more years of work experience at a technical college, university, high school, or college system with autonomous technologies programs or a private company's training program.
* Work experience in an autonomous technologies business/industry.
* Knowledge and understanding of the interrelationships of Minnesota State college and MDE secondary programs.
* Previous leadership, coordination, and/or project management experience.
* Previous grant writing and/or coordinating experience.
* Previous work experience in the Minnesota State system.
* Knowledge of Minnesota State statutes, regulations, forms, policies, and procedures sufficient to ensure compliance in all actions of the consortium.
* Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a Great Benefits Package! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Application deadline: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply