Accounts Payable Clerk #36627Northland Community & Technical College
Notice of vacancy: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Colleen Kukowski, Administration Services Coordinator (218) 793-2407.
Account Clerk Senior
Accounts Payable Clerk
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 10/28/2019
Closing Date: 11/12/2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / Thief River Falls
Division/Unit: Business Office
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited (classified)
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes, between campuses
Salary Range: $18.05 - $24.42/hourly $37,688 - $50,989/Annually
Job Class Option: 003629 (64L)
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union 206 - AFSCME
Work Area: Business Office
Location: Thief River Falls
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Job ID: 36627
The purpose of this position is to serve as college-wide Accounts Payable Clerk for both the EGF and TRF campuses, ensuring accurate, timely payment of invoices/bills ensuring compliance with statutes, policy and procedure along with researching issues. This position also serves as the college-wide Textbook Liaison, primary point of contact with Minnesota Textbook (Minneapolis College).
Principle Responsibilities and Results:
1. Accounts Payable. Process local and state treasury vendor payments and disburse local checks to ensure timely, accurate and efficient processing.
2. Special Projects as required by business office and business manager to ensure smooth functioning of business office responsibilities.
3. Textbook Liaison- Primary contact to ensure efficient functioning of college textbooks bookstores and serve as the liaison and expert in purchasing and textbook sourcing.
4. Backup to the Student payroll and process Student checks (Excess Financial Aid).
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job):
* Knowledge MinnState's Marketplace and State of Minnesota's SWIFT and MMB systems, or other private or governmental accounting system, sufficient to query and compile records and reports, and assist with preparing and maintaining spending plans, financial status reports, and budget requests.
* Math skills sufficient to compute and verify totals and percentages for deposits, account balances, etc., and to check and reconcile numeric data.
* English sufficient to speak, read, understand and respond to written and spoken communicate effectively with customers (e.g., employees, the public and students and their families) both in person and over the telephone, sufficient to explain policies and procedures.
* Customer service, ability to establish positive working relationships with students, both on and off-campus, college staff and funding agencies.
o Deal with complaints from customers who may be hostile, confused or agitated. Person must be able to remain calm and tactful if customer becomes argumentative.
o Accomplish desired results in the most effective, pleasant and efficient manner possible, while still adhering to proper policies and procedures as outlined by local, state and federal regulations.
* Work with computerized spreadsheets and word processing software such as Microsoft Excel and Word, ability to create and maintain spreadsheets and compose letters and other business correspondence.
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
* Two-year degree in accounting, business or related field and 2+ years of relevant work experience.
* Ability to follow instructions required for the maintenance of accurate accounting records.
* Knowledge of the need for attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to work with sensitive personal data (e.g., credit card numbers and social security numbers) with minimal supervision and oversight.
* Ability to organize and implement work assignments for student workers and follow up on their progress.
* Must have good organizational skills and be able to prioritize workload.
o Continual interruptions are inherent in this position (i.e. telephone calls, students walking in to make payments or ask questions),
o Organize workload each day to ensure daily work gets done and that customers are treated courteously and with respect. This may be especially difficult during the beginning of each academic term when traffic and phone calls are unusually heavy.
Testing Requirements: Assessment will be given when contacted for an interview.
* Spreadsheets (Excel) - Intermediate
* Account Bookkeeping - Intermediate
* Customer Service Skills
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a great benefits package! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer-paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Application deadline: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.