Academic AdvisorNorthland Community & Technical College
NOTICE OF VACANCY: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Colleen Kukowski, Administration Services Coordinator (218) 793-2407.
MNSCU Academic Professional 1
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 04/01/2019
Closing Date: 04/15/2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / East Grand Forks
Division/Unit: Student Services
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Rarely
Salary Range: $19.46 - $28.15/hourly; $40,632 - $58,777/Annually
Job Class Option: 007012 (14G)
Classified Status: Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MAPE
Work Area: Student Services
Location: East Grand Forks
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Northland Community & Technical College (NCTC) seeks a full-time, unlimited Academic Advisor for the East Grand Forks Campus. The incumbent is responsible for student advisement that encompasses individual advising, group advising, and teaching others how to advise. The incumbent also serves as a contact for International Students for the East Grand Forks campus. Serve as a Designated School Official for the processing of international student records.
- Responsible for student advising.
- Serve as a Designated School Official for international students for the East Grand Forks campus.
- Provide information, referrals, and support to currently enrolled students.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job):
- Two-year degree or 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to work well in a team situation and develop relationships amongst the students and employees.
- Ability to communicate orally is essential for all planning sessions, for making speeches and presentations, and for conducting telephone discussions.
- Ability to implement projects without direct supervision and consult with the supervisor when problems arise.
- Knowledgeable of outside resources or the ability to locate resources is necessary to address student needs.
- Skills in training and/or experience in providing support services to students.
- Knowledge in student retention and student success to reduce barriers.
- Strong commitment to the value of education for all individuals.
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job):
- Baccalaureate degree
- Knowledge of college policies and procedures, programs and curriculum, services and resources to assist prospective students and students in making sound career and educational decisions.
- Good organizational skills.
- Serve as a liaison to the community regarding needs of students.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply