Firefighter/ EMT TestingNorthern Lakes Fire Protection District
Firefighter/ EMT Testing
North Idaho Fire District seeks Firefighter/EMTs to participate in testing to fill vacancy.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to protect the community from disaster/emergency situations, including Fires, medical emergencies, rescues, etc., and promote an environment of public safety within the Northern Lakes Fire District response area. This position also participates in equipment and quarters maintenance, and training dealing with all phases of fire suppression, prevention, inspection, rescue and emergency operation. The work is performed under the direct supervision of the Fire Captain, but some leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The principal duties of this class are performed in a work environment in which the employee functions as part of a team and may be subject to potential personal danger on incidents involving a threat to public and personal safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Examples of Work (Illustrative only)
1. Responds to fire alarms and extinguishes fire.
2. Responds to calls for emergency medical services.
3. Responds to and renders assistance in emergency cases.
4. Cleans and inspects equipment and apparatus after returning from a fire.
5. Inspects equipment and apparatus and notifies supervisor of any defects.
6. Keeps fire station, equipment and grounds in a clean and orderly condition.
7. Participates in training activities and instruction sessions.
8. Performs various public information or education tasks.
9. Instructs fire department personnel in various specialized areas.
10. Operates personal computer and associated applications software.
11. Prepares and writes reports.
12. Performs assigned duties by ranking officers, such as preparing grant proposals, working with juvenile fire setters, maintaining hydrants, etc.
13. Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with District policies, guidelines and safety practices.