Police OfficerNORTH STRABANE TOWNSHIP
North Strabane Township
North Strabane Township is located in Washington County just approximately (20) minutes south of Pittsburgh and is one of Pennsylvania’s safest communities. Located in the Canon McMillan School District, it is a rapidly growing community providing ﬁrst- rate public safety, parks, and other services. The township invites all qualiﬁed persons to apply and take competitive examinations leading to eligibility for appointments as a Full-Time Police Ofﬁcer for the North Strabane Township Police Department.
Candidates, at the time of application must:
(1) Possess a diploma from an accredited high school or a graduate equivalency diploma (GED);
(2) Must have successfully completed PA Act 120 training or its equivalent police training in another state and be in compliance with Pennsylvania Municipal Police Ofﬁcers Education Commission (MPOETC) requirements,
(3) Be a United States Citizen;
(4) Be physically and mentally ﬁt to perform the full duties of a police ofﬁcer;
(5) Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age; and
(6) possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Successful applicants must also meet all the requirements of the township’s hiring policy that includes a background investigation, and if selected, be required to successfully pass a physical and psychological examination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer