Director of Technology
North Branford Public Schools Has an immediate opening for the following position: Director of Technology
The Director is responsible for the operation of the technology infrastructure in accordance with policies and regulations prescribed by the North Branford Board of Education. The Director will work with all stakeholders to develop a shared vision for the meaningful and effective use of technology, including long-term goals.
● Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or related field (Preferred) or 5 years experience working in the field.
● PowerSchool and State educational data collection experience.
● Experience with Google, Apple and Microsoft products in addition to work experience with the support and maintenance of computer hardware is also desirable.
● Managerial experience or formal leadership experience preferred.
● Possess a working knowledge of computer technology and troubleshooting, networking to include operation and maintenance of network equipment and servers.
● Demonstrate ease in utilizing technology for reports, presentations, and analysis of data.
● Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
● Demonstrate effective collaborative skills to work in concert with administrative colleagues and district educators.
General responsibilities include development of the budget as it pertains to Technology, incorporation of technology in the curriculum program, supervision and evaluation of staff, functional operation of the technology infrastructure, and effective communication with parents and the school community.
● Provides support for PowerSchool
● Provides support for State of CT data reporting
● Provides leadership in the development and implementation of goals and objectives for the instructional and administrative use of computer technology
● Develops long and short-range plans for infrastructure
● Consults with district-wide curriculum committees on use of technology
● Oversees the district website
● Supports all financial, human resource and department specific software systems to include implementation and training
● Oversees Auditorium management
● Manages data transmission and coordination for transportation routes
● Manages all district communication
● Develops and submits PreK-12 technology budget and seeks alternative funding through grant writing and other resources including E-rate
● Develops and oversees a maintenance program for all computer and network needs which includes repair, replacement, and inventory
● Manages the communication technology of the district including phones, copiers, internet and security cameras
● Assists building principals and school counseling personnel with the scheduling process
● Supervises and annually evaluates the performance of technology personnel
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task and responsibility.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT.
This is a 12-month position with compensation determined by the Board of Education.